Sunday, March 06, 2005

Freaky Neighbors, The Devil, and Spongebob

First of all, let me say this. As I'm writing this, my building is shaking? Why would a building be shaking in stable ole' Ohio? Because my downstairs neighbor is a freak. No, I mean really; he is. He's a nice enough fellow, but damn, he's fucking weird. For instance, half the time, if he comes out of his apartment, he sprints; not just to his car, but up the street. I was cruising one day by the nearby library and he's leaving the library .... sprinting; he was sprinting back towards our apartments. Plus, he lives on the first floor and has his sliding glass doors facing the sidewalk. He never closes them .... ever. Now he doesn't walk around naked, but one of these nights when I get home from work, he's going to be doing something weird and I'll inevitably notice. Oh yeah, and why is my building shaking? Because he can't figure out how to close a door without slamming it. EVERYTIME he leaves, he slams the door so hard, it rattles the building. Piss poor construction of the building? Yeah, I know, but I don't want to be shaken everytime he needs to "run" to the library.

Anyways, per my normal pathetic weekend, I rented a couple of movies so that in case nothing exciting came up (which it never does), I'd have something to watch besides whatever infomercials the networks decide to thrust upon us. I had the Exorcist: The Beginning and The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. Suffice to say one absolutely rocked and the other was as dull as George Bush's wit.

Any guess as to which one was dull? Yeah, the Exorcist was boring. Very boring. It had a few tense moments, but nothing worthwhile. The idea was okay; but like so many movies, there were some opportunities to take it up a notch. But like so many movies, it failed to grasp these chances and instead stuck to regular ole schtick. My brother had seen it a while back and said there were some pretty creepy moments. I guess we see things differently; I saw nothing creepy except for the fact that there will be some people who will actually buy the video and rewatch it.

Now Spongebob is an entirely different creature. This movie was hilarious. It's no secret that more adults seem to like Spongebob than kids, and this movie only bolstered the case. There are some small side comments that had me laughing outloud. The story was pretty standard, but hey, it is still a kid movie. I can't wait to watch this with my nephews; it gives me an excuse to watch it again and again.

No comments: