Thanks NML for welcoming me back. It was terrible not being able to blog for a while there. I've become an addict it appears. Well, I've decided to take the easy way out on this one. I always love the "50 Things About Me" or whatever the number is. So, without further delay, I bring you the 50 Something Things About The Devil ....
1. My mother's family emigrated from Mexico when she was 3. My dad's family has been in what is now the state of New Mexico since about 1715.
2. I was born in Texas but claim New Mexico as my home, which would make me a 10th generation New Mexican.
3. I have 41 1st cousins from my mom's side (I misspoke earlier when I said it was 51) and I have 16 1st cousins from my dad's side.
4. My mom is one of 12 kids, while my dad is one of 6 and now he is the only surviving brother.
5. I have 2 sisters, KD and DA, plus one brother, VE.
6. Both my mother and my sister KD have each had 2 bouts with breast cancer, but have done wonderfully in remission.
7. I have lost one cousin to breast cancer (she was only 33), so ladies PLEASE go have your exams.
8. I tend to read anywhere from 1 to 2 books a week.
9. I watch very little TV anymore.
10. I'm also learning to play the guitar and have both an acoustic and an electric.
11. As a kid, I lived in Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, and Kansas before my dad was permanently relocated back to New Mexico.
12. On at least 3 occassions as a small child, I did stupid things that should've killed me (mom says God must be saving me for something special .... lol).
13. Named for an uncle who died from leukemia when he was about 11.
14. My first name is unusual and when asked, my grandmother didn't remember why she gave him that name.
15. I hate cops.
16. I can hate cops because much of my family has been involved in law enforcement.
17. One of my aunts was both the sheriff and judge in one small town at the same time.
18. Completely fascinated with the UK, Ireland, Mexico, and Spain.
19. I would love to live in any one of those 4 places.
20. I was a "frat brat" in college.
21. I was in charge of my fraternity's "hell week" or initiation week and once accidentally "shot" a pledge with a BB gun (I was shooting at something else when it ricocheted off of the target).
22. I have my B.A. in Sociology from Arizona State and my J.D. from Univ. of Cincinnati College of Law.
23. Whenever I decide to practice law, I want to practice in either Copyright, Trademark, or Immigration.
24. If money weren't a concern, I'd rather teach than do anything else.
25. I'm a great cook.
26. Unfortunately, I'm short (only 5'6").
27. Animal lover and can't stand to see anyone mistreat animals.
28. I still love my PS2.
29. I watch a couple of movies a week.
30. I can be a workaholic from time to time.
31. Lifelong fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers as well as the San Antonio Spurs, Tampa Bay Lightning, Cincinnati Reds, and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
32. I almost decided to study archaeology rather than sociology.
33. As I get older, my politics beliefs become more radical rather than mellowing out.
34. I'm a lapsed Catholic.
35. I believe that all religions are essentially the same thing, but you have to find out which one suits you best.
36. Worked in military intelligence in the Army.
37. I have been stationed (both permanently and for Temporary Duty a.k.a. TDY) in Florida, Washington D.C., Texas, Arizona, California, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea.
38. I miss the southwestern US every single day.
39. My retirement plans will be to either 1. mote to Mexico; 2. study archaeology and go on digs with a university around the world; or 3. open a small pub.
40. I love Mexican food, but hate refried beans.
41. I don't particularly like sweets, although I'll admit I'm hopelessly addicted to Diet Coke with Lime or the new Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.
42. My father's side of the family were all essentially ranchers until my father's generation.
43. My great great grandfather had a story that an outlaw named Blackjack Ketchum once camped at one of my family's ranches in one of the deep arroyos.
44. I can still watch episodes of Jackass and still laugh my ass off everytime.
45. I'm firmly convinced Robert Smith of the Cure is a poet rather than a songwriter.
46. My fave books are Love In The Time of Cholera, To Kill A Mockingbird, Catcher In The Rye, and Bless Me Ultima.
47. I was once on a well known TV game show, Wheel Of Fortune.
48. I write left handed, play guitar left handed, but I throw right handed.
49. I'm one of the last raging liberals.
50. While in the Army, I considered going to art school so that I could become a comic book or graphic novel artist.
51. I still love comic books.
52. I love playing tennis although my forehand shot is about as flat as a pancake.
53. My musical tastes range anywhere from turn of the century blues, early R&B, ska (all 3 waves), reggae, latin, and punk.
54. I probably own about 10 baseball caps and on most weekends I wear them (does this make me a chav??).
55. I am definitely a t-shirt and shorts kinda guy.
56. I'll wear shorts as long as possible (last year I made it into October).
57. I don't get dressed up for work (because of our ultra-liberal dress policy), so when I do make the effort I'm often told I clean up nicely.
58. I'm a big softie despite being accused of having a Stifler-like personality from time to time.
59. I adore my 3 nephews; they absolutely crack me up.
60. I drive an old beat up Jeep Cherokee that I absolutely still love.
61. I hate my apartment complex.
62. I don't smoke.
63. I have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol, however.
64. I wear glasses.
65. I always keep my hair fairly short.
66. I used to skateboard as a kid all the time, however, I can't rollerskate.
67. I think accents are way sexy.
68. Smart girls are defintely sexy; smart girls who go to bookstores quite a bit are sexier.
69. 69 is still a funny number to me.
70. I can make almost anyone smile or laugh.
71. I almost always have a smile on my face.
72. I have played organized football, softball, soccer, and basketball at some time in my life.
73. I don't like hot drinks.
74. I hate shaving.
75. I don't like most reality TV but still watch Cops and The Contender.
76. Jackass, The Simpsons, Chappelle's Show, and Family Guy are my favorite television shows.
77. I was once engaged.
78. My ex-fiance broke off our relationship while I was stationed overseas and it was on Valentine's Day.
79. After 34 years, I still can't read the signs if a girl is intersted in me.
80. I don't work out as much as I should or could.
81. Even though I don't go to church very often if ever, during Lent, I still won't eat meat on Fridays.
82. I think pizza is the perfect food.
83. I'm easy to please with beer although I'd prefer a Newcastle, Corona, Harp, or Bass.
84. I've never done any drug (how lame am I?).
85. I yell at the TV during policitcal programs.
86. I'm a history buff but I don't think I could ever do the whole reenactment thing.
87. I saw my first real castle in Ireland.
88. My only trip to Canada was a stopover in Gander, Newfoundland while on my way to Saudi Arabia.
89. I'm a doodler at work.
90. I'm a bad influence.
91. I'd rather date a cute geeky girl than the modelesque beauty queen.
92. I hope someday to have kids.
93. I still love kids cartoons (Spongebob rules!).
94. I could keep this list going forever.
95. I haven't been in an actual fight since I was in 7th grade.
96. Probably my favorite place in the world is sitting beside a campfire in the mountains in the middle of night when everyone is asleep.
97. Since 1996, I have moved 8 times.
98. If all goes well, I'll be moving again within a year or two.
99. There isn't much more about me, so I'll end here.