Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Stole This Idea From Brooke

It's come to this, hasn't it? I've been reduced to stealing ideas from hot school teachers from Florida, namely Brooke. But this is a good lesson for me to ponder on.

30 Things I've Learned From Women

1. Women are much less superficial than men since they will love us for who we are, not what we look like, a.k.a. Catherine Zeta-Jones syndrome.
2. Thread count is really important when it comes to bed sheets.
3. The male ego is super, super fragile despite our best attempts to portray it otherwise.
4. Artsy, intelligent, and/or nerdy women absolutely get to me.
5. A good woman will gently steer us clear of our idiotic ideas.
6. I'm a sucker for a woman's eyes and her smile.
7. I'm a cuddler. (I know I'll catch shit for this one)
8. Being alone is better than being in a bad relationship. (Stolen again ... Sorry Brooke)
9. A woman in a t-shirt and panties is the ultimate aphrodisiac. (See pic above)
10. Little thoughtful things mean so much more than grand gestures.
11. Having a way with words is a gift (Robert Smith [yes, that Robert Smith of The Cure] and Neruda are two of the masters)
12. While I am capable of being a real dick at times, I can also be the best b/f ever.
13. Chick flicks aren't always as gut wrenchingly horrible as I make them out to be.

14. It's okay for a man to have a comforter with a duvet cover.
15. I absolutely crave when a woman looks at me like I hung the moon.
16. I actually like cooking, but I'm a horrible baker.
17. Avoid any girl with a license plate or key chain that reads "Princess".
18. Being vulnerable will not kill me.
19. It's okay to do away with my pride for something or someone that is truly important to me.
20. Don't fight to win with someone you care about.
21. Someone may actually love me for me, even if I'm not in the best shape or the wealthiest.
22. Nothing is better than sex in the morning, or in the shower, or on the couch, or in the car, or ..... well, nothing is better than sex with someone you care about.
23. I need to let her take care of me from time to time.
24. Let her talk about her day because over time she'll tell me everything I need to know about making her happy.
25. I need to take off my "lawyer cap" and be an advocate for her.
26. Pick your fights because not everything is worth fighting over.
27. Let her decorate the home because inevitably I'll screw it up.
28. Any woman who is talking about how cute or hot someone else is while we are out is not the woman for me.
29. As much as some guys think they want to know everything about a woman's past, I know I do not want to know everything.
30. That certain way a woman in love looks at me will reach straight to my heart.

As a final note, I'd love hear what all of my friends out there in Blogland have learned from the opposite sex.

9 comments:

jennifer said...

wow, cincy. once again you show your readers the softer side of the devil. any woman would appreciate a guy who'd write a list like this.

Cincysundevil said...

Jen-
You're gonna make me blush.

Lindsay said...

Uh, I think I'm in love...

Now I just gotta get rid of this hot pink "Princess" keychain, license plate holder, t-shirt, and sticker that covers the entire back window of my truck. (jk, jk!)

Merry Christmas, dude!

Cincysundevil said...

Lindsay-
Well, if you're in love, you know where I'm at ;)

JHD said...

How about this for your list:

A woman will go out of her way to help a friend whose car breaks down....even if she can't figure out how to pop the trunk of her car! ;)

Miss you. Hope you had a good Christmas.

Scarlet Hip said...

It should be noted that I look nothing like that picture but I do like being referred to as a hot school teacher.

Your list rocks. How did I not comment on this before?

Cincysundevil said...

JHD-
Ah yes, you know if you take that Beemer to a qualified mechanic, that trunk problem could be fixed .....

Cincysundevil said...

Brooke-
You've given up on my sporadically updating ass .. but I'm back.

And I've seen the pic of you laying out in your bikini; very, very sexy

Msabcmom said...

Aww... great list!