Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Last Days in Hell

Let me give you a bit of background of what my last few days in Ohio were like.

I decided some time ago to leave my job. The only question was going to be when. I decided to put in the 2 week notice about the middle of November. When I did this, I was then told that I didn't need to give a 2 week notice, that it was more of a formality. But I decided to make the 28th my last day and use my remaining vacation days.

Now, it turns out that using those last 3 vacation days was a horrible choice. Now, we have a vacation plan that allows you to purchase additional vacation days at a rate of about $30 a pay period (every 2 weeks) for 5 extra days. So, I am assuming that my final pay check will be near what I normally make minus 2 days, right?

WRONG AS HELL!!!! I lost nearly $350 for leaving 2 days early ... to start with. Next, the way the vacation time is calculated is completely different when you leave. I expected to lose about $100 for the vacation. Nope; I lost another $225 for the vacation. This puts my finances in a serious funk for now. I am totally screwed financially thanks to some creative calculating by my old company.

On top of that, the folks at Goodwill absolutely love me now. I must've donated over $300 worth of stuff to those folks. I think I made 3 trips to drop off things I wasn't going to take with me. All of this and it was so cold in Ohio, my nuts literally retracted completely into my body cavity. I get to Atlanta and guess what? It's rainy and cold ... oy vey!!!

4 comments:

Earth Girl said...

What a bunch of bastards!

Cincysundevil said...

Earth Girl-
Aaah, so true. The corporate bastards are always looking for a way to screw over the little guy, even screw over a corporate whore like myself!!

Modigliani said...

isn't it sick how they're ready to fuck you over so quickly?!!! ... thank god you didn't stay. As for ATL, it DOES get cold there in the winter, but it'll still be better than Ohio weather!

Cincysundevil said...

Mo-
It is incredible how quick they are to screw you over. Good thing I left 'em high and dry ... LOL