So, I'm quite sure everyone is sick of me bitching about ML and what I hate, so let's see some things I actually like for a change:
1. Deep Dish Pizza: I'm talking like the kinda pizza that actually weighs like 7 pounds when they bring it over to you with enough cheese to plug you up for 2 days. There was a great place in Albuquerque (yes, it's true) that made a superb Chicago style deep dish. I could never eat more than 2 slices at a sitting; at those moments, I had just became everything I hated.
2. Ska / Reggae /Punk /Emo: These are all so interrelated, it's ridiculous to speak of one without the others. I've blogged about my love of reggae and ska before, so I won't regale you again with my tales of my love of the genre; the tales of a young Devil in Florida seeing Less Than Jake, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and the Dance Hall Crashers before they all hit it big; the tales of a young Devil in Docs with a flat cap.
For a great article on ska and reggae, check this out.
3. Camping: I love camping. I really do. I'm kind of a camping snob though. If I'm not in the mountains somewhere, it's not camping to me. If there is not a huge campfire, it's not camping. I love drinking outdoors with friends in the middle of nowhere being as loud as you want. There is that primal essence to camping; you're somewhat exposed to the elements and you've got fire. One of the things I love best in this world is to sit by the campfire once everyone is asleep and just ponder life. Fortunately, I never had this guy trying to get me to rub bug spray on his body ... actually, I'm always trying to get the girls to rub it on me. And yes, this skit from SNL is the funniest skit ever.
4. Al Franken: The last of the raging liberals. He just doesn't attack, he brings the facts which I love. He confronts that mouthpiece of the Bush administration and all around bitch, Ann Coulter with her words and with facts. He punked Bill O'Reilly by exposing him as a liar when O'Reilly claimed he was an independent when in fact, he had been a registered Republican for like 12 years. He doesn't throw out bold faced lies in the guise of fact like that drug addict Limbaugh does. No, he digs beneath what the right-wing proganda machine puts out and pulls out the facts. I'd love to go work for this guy and do his research all day long, digging up shit on the Anti-Christ in the White House and the Evil Empire known as the GOP.
5. Sleep: I love sleep. God, I love sleep. I could sleep all day if I was comfortable enough. I live by the philosophy of my drill sergeants: a good troop never stands when he can sit, he never runs when he can walk, and he never stays awake when he can sleep because you might not get to do it again soon. Sleeping is that time when everything is possible, including me being a super stud with da' ladies. I know it's only a fantasy, but damnit, they're my dreams!! Ms. Belluci, watch out; I'll see you in a few hours.
6. Academia: Maybe it's the insular world. Maybe it's the fact that you can express your opinion free from the right-wing proganda cock suckers. Or maybe, it's 21 year old coeds in half shirts and tiny shorts. Whatever it is, I love academia. I'd still love to be a professor someday and just teach and research. Plus, I love being Devil's advocate; nothing like getting a closed mind to open up a bit. BUT then again, the right is so fucking simple minded, anything beyond "BUSH=GOOD; LIBERAL=BAD" might overload 'em.
7. Jackass: I'm telling you, there is still nothing funnier than a guy getting hit in the balls. 'Nuff said!
8. Ball caps: Anyone who knows me personally knows I love ball caps. Right now I have about 20 that go in and out of circulation, much like a woman and her shoes. I have 4 Arizona State caps, a Cincinnati Reds cap, an Arizona Diamondbacks cap, 2 Univ. of Cincinnati caps, a Pittsburgh Steelers cap, a Dayton Dragons cap, an Irish tweed flat cap, plus a few others that I don't wear that often. To the right is my newest acquisition, my new Tampa Bay Lightning cap. Pretty slick, eh? I'm waiting for Trix to send me a Toronto Maple Leafs ball cap.
9. My family: I can't put a pic of my family up for the whole anonymity thing, although I am seriously considering posting a pic of my ugly mug. However, once I do that, no one will read my blog for fear of getting sick by checking out my unsightly appearance! But my family is amazing. If you read some of my old posts, you'll know that I am totally a mama's boy in the sense that I think my mother is the most amazing woman. Im' spoiled rotten in the sense that I have a great mother, sisters, and brother. My old man .... not so much (in fact, we probably haven't spoken in over a year now; he doesn't call me, I don't call him. We're not even mad at one another either; we just don't speak). But also, I've got great cousins and great aunts/uncles. What more could you ask for in life?