Sunday, April 22, 2007

How Deseparate ....

.....are Atlanta Braves fans when they keep harping on the fact that they're a half game out of first in the NL East? I mean, we're only like 16 games into the baseball season which seems to go on and on and on and on. Hell, it might be snowing by the time the Series starts. Look at these Reds fans in the pic ... I swear, it's as if the dead are the only baseball fans.

Football season is an ungodly amount of time away from starting.

Hockey season is winding down. The Lightning are down 3 to 1 in the second period in an elimination game with Martin Brodeur absolutely on fire. SO my emotional investment in the Stanley Cup will soon be reduced to a mere spectator in a few hours.

Before you know it, it'll be the doldrums of summer and I'll be without sports. Oh sure, baseball will be in full effect. But unless I'm at the game, it doesn't count. Baseball is far too slow a game on TV. It doesn't translate well.

As a kid, I used to look forward to summer. It meant no school and playing all day. As an adult, it means getting dressed up for work, sweating like a virgin on prom night, and no sports. Oh me, how things change.

I may actually have to start going out in town to do things

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Yeah but Smoltz is worth watching even on TV.